• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does PMN Caecilia have true type outlines or postscript outlines?

New Here ,
Dec 03, 2012 Dec 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does PMN Caecilia have true type outlines or postscript outlines?  I need a version with true-type outlines, if that's at all a possibility.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 22, 2013 Mar 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You haven't said much about which Caecilia you have, but here's info from the one I have.

Caecilia LT Std font family, purchased from Adobe years ago, version 1.040, is Postscript-flavored version OpenType font. At least that's what Extensis' Universal Type Server tells me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 27, 2013 Mar 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The font extension will help tell you the flavor from which the OpenType font originates.

.OTF extension is PostScript flavor and the .TTF extension is TrueType.

Easier to see the file extension on a Mac than a PC, but there should be a way to view the extension on a PC, as well, just in case that's the platform you're using.

It looks like a COM version of Caecilia is available at Linotype's website here: http://www.linotype.com/1313/PMNCaecilia-family.html?site=webfonts

or MyFonts: http://www.myfonts.com/fonts/linotype/pmn-caecilia/

And probably other sites have it, as well, but I don't see it available on Adobe's site.

The special COM versions are often used in Microsoft products and are OpenType with TrueType outlines. This might work for you. I was told this special OT version displays better in PowerPoint.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines