Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

downloading tekton

New Here ,
Feb 05, 2015 Feb 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I own adobe type manager deluxe but my computer died so trying to load it on my new computer but can't seem to download my company's signature font: tekton.

Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Feb 05, 2015 Feb 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Under no condition should you even attempt to install Adobe Type Manager on any modern day computer / operating system. For Windows, the last version for which ATM worked at all was Windows XP, 32-bit. For MacOS, support was only for MacOS 9 on PowerPC and earlier.

In fact, if you do try installing ATM on Windows Vista or later, you may in fact have corrupted your operating system configuration and might need to reinstall Windows!! Current versions of Windows do natively support Type 1 fonts, TrueType fonts, and OpenType fonts (both Type 1 CSF and TrueType versions). The older Multiple Master Type 1 fonts are not supported by Windows at all!

I don't know what you mean by “can't seem to download my company's signature font: Tekton,” but Tekton is not a “free” or public domain font. You can license the OpenType CFF version of Tekton, compatible with both Windows and MacOS, from Adobe.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines