Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ebony font is broken when trying to type Swedish type å

New Here ,
Jul 15, 2015 Jul 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Ebony web font (just bought typekit) is broken when trying to type Swedish type å. Can you please fix that, or do you have a workaround?

Best Regards

Carl Zide

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2015 Jul 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I got a answer from the typekit customer support: Ebony is broken for Swedish users and they do not know when it is going to be fixed:

Liz

JUL 15, 2015  |  03:26PM EDT

Hi Carl,

Thank you for your reply! I will let you know if we get an updated version of Ebony in the near future.

Also, all Typekit annual subscriptions are risk-free for thirty days, so you can cancel your plan anytime before 07 August and receive a full refund.

If you decide you would like to cancel, click the “cancel plan” button at the bottom right of the Typekit Account page:

https://typekit.com/account

(Note that this action cannot be undone, and Typekit fonts will no longer be delivered to an account once it’s been cancelled. If you have fonts selected for desktop use, they will no longer be synced to your computer. Any site using web fonts from Typekit will display the fallback fonts specified in your font stack or your browser’s defaults.)

Email us again when you have cancelled, and we will submit your refund. Thank you,
-- liz

Carl

JUL 15, 2015  |  02:30PM EDT

Hi Liz,

Thanks. I presume we will wait to claim our purchase back and will hope
that the font foundry can fix the issue.

We will use an open source until the issue with Ebony is sorted out.

Best Regards

Carl Zide

2015-07-15 20:12 GMT+02:00 Typekit Support <support@typekit.com>:

Liz

JUL 15, 2015  |  02:12PM EDT

Hi Carl,

I'm sorry that you ran into trouble with this. I took a look at the Ebony font files, and found that the foundry unintentionally switched the aring and aringacute glyphs when building the font.

We have reached out to the foundry to request corrected font files with the aring and aringacute characters in the right places. I don't have a timeline for that change yet, but I will pass along any updates that I get.

In the meantime, here are some fonts which are similar to Ebony and support Swedish:
https://typekit.com/fonts?classification=sans-serif&contrast=low&language=sv&recommended-for=paragra...

I've checked the character maps of each of those, and the aring character is in the correct place.

Please let me know if you have any other questions, and I am sorry for this inconvenience! Best,
-- liz

Carl

JUL 15, 2015  |  09:47AM EDT
Original message

Hi,

The Ebony font we just bought is broken. It can't write Swedish å.

Can you please fix it or do you have a workaround.

Do you have an alternative font if you can not fix the font ASAP?

--

*Med vänlig hälsning*

*CARL ZIDE Hemverket ABMagasinsgatan 10411 18 GöteborgMob 0707943609Skype
carlzidecarl.zide@hemverket.se <carl.zide@hemverket.se>*

For your reference this is Case #: 132422

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines