Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Edu license, fonts for commercial use?

New Here ,
May 26, 2015 May 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm a student and have CC with Edu license.

I am now submitting my entry for a contest to redesign a label and wanted to use an adobe font (Myriad Pro) as part of my label design. If my work wins, they will use the design for commercial purposes.

Can I use the font in this case and with my license for free? Its a small local business so they don't understand anything about all of this, I just want to be sure I can say that's usable without any copyright issues.

Thank you
Letizia

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

There is no restriction against using the fonts bundled with the CC applications for commercial purposes other than use as "web fonts." For a label for which you will likely be embedding the font in a PDF or EPS file, no problem at all!

What you can't do is give the Myriad Pro font file itself to the business.

- Dov

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no restriction against using the fonts bundled with the CC applications for commercial purposes other than use as "web fonts." For a label for which you will likely be embedding the font in a PDF or EPS file, no problem at all!

What you can't do is give the Myriad Pro font file itself to the business.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Dov,  you have been very helpful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines