• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

European Pi Std

Community Expert ,
Feb 28, 2017 Feb 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am going through our font library and removing type 1 versions to promote people using the more stable opentype versions. I have come across European PI, and the characters are missing on the opentype version. In adobe Illustrator I cannot get that app to allow me to use the font as it goes to myriad overtime I choose.

Screen Shot 2017-02-28 at 3.42.58 PM.png

Anyone out there  have these fonts and can you let me know how they are working for you.

Some glyphs are int the font, but cannot find what keystone to access this. ON PC I remember you can use the numeric keypad to enter U numb res but not sure on how to do on Mac which I am on.

Screen Shot 2017-02-28 at 3.46.05 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 30, 2019 Apr 30, 2019

Seems you cannot change to the font in Illustrator, keeps going back to myriad or whatever fotn you had.

You can set in Photoshop and copy.

Screen Shot 2019-04-30 at 9.30.10 AM.png

then paste into Illustrator and now works with glyphs panel

Screen Shot 2019-04-30 at 9.28.18 AM.png

There might be a read me file that come with the font when you purchase that explains the inner workings. Problem is when you work for an employer, they put the font up on a font server, and you never get to read the read me.  I found this to be the issue on the expert set of fonts, where very few rare

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 30, 2019 Apr 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike,

did you ever found a solution?

Here a link to the German Illustrator forum on hilfdirselbst.ch where the issue came up today:

Schrift lässt sich nicht zuweisen

https://www.hilfdirselbst.ch/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=569937#569937

It's reported that InDesign CC 2019 is showing no problem using the font.

Wheras with Illustrator CC 2019 there still is an issue.

Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 30, 2019 Apr 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Seems you cannot change to the font in Illustrator, keeps going back to myriad or whatever fotn you had.

You can set in Photoshop and copy.

Screen Shot 2019-04-30 at 9.30.10 AM.png

then paste into Illustrator and now works with glyphs panel

Screen Shot 2019-04-30 at 9.28.18 AM.png

There might be a read me file that come with the font when you purchase that explains the inner workings. Problem is when you work for an employer, they put the font up on a font server, and you never get to read the read me.  I found this to be the issue on the expert set of fonts, where very few rare you met someone who knew how to use them properly. Though there also definitely  seem to be a technical issue with Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines