• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FDK 1.5 update coming soon

Enthusiast ,
Sep 13, 2002 Sep 13, 2002

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There will be an update of the FDK released at ATypI next Thursday. The new version should be online around the same time or not long after.

New features:

- CompareFamily now works on TrueType fonts

- Unicode encoding can be independent of glyph names

- various bug fixes
TOPICS
Open Type FDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2002 Sep 14, 2002

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In article <1de5b8a6.-1@WebX.la2eafNXanI>,<br /> "Thomas Phinney" <tphinney@adobe.com> wrote:<br /><br />> New features: <br />> <br />> - CompareFamily now works on TrueType fonts <br /><br />Ha, does that mean I was just in time with my TTX 2.0b1 (*) release? ;-)<br /><br />See you next week,<br /><br />Just<br /><br />*) for those of you not on any of the lists I announced it to, here it <br />is: http://fonttools.sourceforge.net/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 15, 2002 Sep 15, 2002

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it does. The last TTF-related bugs in CompareFamily were fixed using your FontTools release from the day before, Sept 13th! I particularly appreciated being able to select a folder full of Mac suitcase files of TrueType fonts,, and have it work without any development effort on my part.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2002 Sep 28, 2002

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
"Read Roberts" <rroberts@adobe.com> wrote in message<br />news:1de5b8a6.1@WebX.la2eafNXanI...<br />> Yes, it does. The last TTF-related bugs in CompareFamily were fixed using<br />your FontTools release from the day before, Sept 13th! I particularly<br />appreciated being able to select a folder full of Mac suitcase files of<br />TrueType fonts,, and have it work without any development effort on my part.<br /><br />Oh, I never realized that FDK makes direct use of FontTools! I just thought<br />FontTools are bundled "just for fun".<br /><br />Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 23, 2002 Sep 23, 2002

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those not "in the know," those last couple of messages refer to the fact that Adobe's FDK makes use of Just's "FontTools" library. Thanks, Just!

T

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2002 Sep 24, 2002

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In article <1de5b8a6.2@WebX.la2eafNXanI>,<br /> "Thomas Phinney" <tphinney@adobe.com> wrote:<br /><br />> For those not "in the know," those last couple of messages refer to the fact <br />> that Adobe's FDK makes use of Just's "FontTools" library. Thanks, Just! <br /><br />Hey, no problem. I'm glad that at least one major corporation finds it <br />useful ;-)<br /><br />Just

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines