• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FDK resulting in font with no names...

New Here ,
May 26, 2005 May 26, 2005

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i thought i had done it right, but i keep getting an OTF with only the PS Font name. I set up my fontinfo doc like this:

FontName (P22CezannePro-Regular)
IsWindowsBold false
IsItalicStyle false

and the relevant (or so i thought) portion of my FontMenuDB doc thus:

[P22CezannePro-Regular]
f=P22 Cezanne Pro
s=Regular
c=P22 Cezanne Pro
c=1,P22 Cezanne Pro

what am i missing?

Paul Hunt
TOPICS
Open Type FDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 27, 2005 May 27, 2005

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This looks just fine to me.
Are you getting any error messages in the output log, as in:
"makeotflib [WARNING] not in Font Menu Name database [TrumpMediaevalLTStd-Roman]"

Are the line-endings right for the platform in the FonMenutDB file?

Is the font DB file being found ? ( you can look in the file "current.fpr" to see what used in the last run)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2005 May 27, 2005

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, i did get the warning "makeotflib [WARNING] not in Font Menu Name database [P22CezannePro]"

I don't know what you mean by line-endings.

I can't find the current.fpr to see if the DB is being found.

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2005 May 28, 2005

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

okay, i found my .fpr. still can't get it to work. any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 29, 2005 May 29, 2005

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The .fpr file should tell you what FontmenDB file is being used. The error message means what it says: makeotf it is not finding the PS name for your font in FontMEnuDB file in use. Several possibilities:
1) the PS name in the FontMenuNameDB file is different
2) the syntax is not correct, so it is not recognized. If you are working on more than one platform, you can get a file with Unix line-endings being processed in a Mac Classic environment, or vice-versa. In this case the "return" character, aka new line char, aka line-ending is a different character code on one environment than the other, and if it is not matched to the environment, then the file will look like one line with no new-lines to a tools. You might also have accidentally entered an invisible character ny accoident with a keywboard control sequence - rare, but possible.
3) the wrong FontMenuNameDB file is being used. If you are using the command-line version of makeotf, then use the option to specify the fontMenuNameDB file you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

I realise this thread was from 'quite' some time ago, but I too am coming across the same problem and I can't work out why — I've used the same file structure as before, just with updated details for the new font. Plus I tested the previous one and that all works.

I keep getting the result: makeotfexe [FATAL] not in Font Menu Name database

Screenshot 2020-07-01 12.01.11.png

I've followed the notes made mentioned in the previous query. Are you able to offer any further advice?

All the best,

Em

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines