• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Font family problem

New Here ,
Feb 14, 2014 Feb 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working with Adobe CC on two Windows 7 computers. I have installed the OTF version of the Anomoly font family (10 faces) on both computers and installed it from the same source files. On one computer when choosing a face style all 10 show under Anomoly but on the other it shows as three separate groups, with Light and Black in the separate groupings. Also, Anomoly Regular does not show at all even though I can see it in the Font folder. I have deleted all the Adobefnt*.lst files. I have nuke the Windows font cache and any other font cache files I have identified. What is the issue here? This is causing a big problem.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In which app are the fonts showing in 3 separate groups?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The app in question is InDesign. That is the only Adobe app the two have in common.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's definitely strange.

So you're saying that the two computers have the exact same version of Windows, the exact same version of InDesign, and the exact same version of the fonts, yet the fonts don't display the same way on the font menu, yes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is exactly what I am saying. I have even copied the fonts from the one to the other with the same result. I can only surmise that there is some other font cache that is responsible, but I cannot find it. Does InDesign have a separate cache?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here's somthing you can try, to acertain where InDesign is getting the fonts from:

1. Make a new document
  2. Create a text frame
  3. Type a few words
  4. Set each word in a different style of Anomoly
  5. Go to the menu Type and select Find Font...
  6. Select the first font on the list
  7. Click on the button More Info
  8. Go thru each of the fonts on the list, and confirm that they have the same Version and a similar Path

PS: Steps 1-4 you may have to do on the computer that is showing the fonts correctly. If so, safe the document and open it on the other computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines