• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Font Folio 11 - OTF printing issues

New Here ,
Feb 04, 2008 Feb 04, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need help with a HP LaserJet 5200 (tabloid size laser printer) and OTF fonts. Ever since i switched to .otf fonts, I am having issues printing helvetica LT STD or any of the LT STD fonts for that matter. the fonts are all activated using Suitcase Fusion and Quark 6.5. Is anybody else having issues like this? I can't upload .otf fonts to the printer memory, so any suggestions? the printer defaults to courier when trying to print .otf fonts. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 05, 2008 Feb 05, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Is anybody else having issues like this?"

Not that I've heard of, no - and I hear a lot of stuff as product manager for fonts. But that doesn't mean it couldn't be something relatively trivial that doesn't spring to my mind. You might try clearing Mac OS X's font cache for starters, as a corrupted OS font cache can cause all sorts of weird problems. Do a search on "clear OS X font cache" for instructions and even free utilities such as "Font Nuke" that make it trivially easy.

If that doesn't work, I'd try Adobe Tech Support. Either way, it would be very interesting to have you post back here again to tell us what happened with your problem. This should be a soluble problem.

Regards,

T

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lev,

In addition to Thomas' comments, it's always possible that these fonts are damaged. Or that you have duplicate installed fonts on your system. You should be able to use your font manager to validate this.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neil, Hi Thomas,

The fonts are definately not corrupt. They are direct from a Font Folio 11 disk. I'm using Suitcase Fusion and I'm running Leopard. The reason i got Font Folio was because i read about the problems with Helvetica and Leopard. Leopard doesn't let you install the different variants of Helvetica, so I read that Helvetica LT Std was a solution that got around that. Am i incorrect? Are there other ways of getting around the Helvetica business?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 06, 2008 Feb 06, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> Are there other ways of getting around the Helvetica business?

Well, you could start using Helvetica Neue, which is a nicer cut of the font, won't have naming issues and comes with more weights. If you have the folio, you should have it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You didn't say if you tried the cache clearing. Did you?

T

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't cleared the cache since upgrading to Leopard. All these problems happened after upgrading to Leopard. Everything works alright, except .otf fonts not printing from quark. I was going to re-install Quark because it has been a little buggy lately, but that's the extent of what i've done so far. I appreciate all the responses thus far. No solution yet though. I will try clearing the cache tonight / tomorrow and will update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2008 Mar 10, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same exact problem is happpening at our company. Quark 6.5 Passport willl not print fonts after purchasing a new Mac with runnning Leopard OS X software already installled. They keeep substituting with Courier.

Alll other appps work fine: PShop, Reader, Illustrator, InDesign, Preview, etc.

Anyone solve this yet? Please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2008 Mar 10, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Since everything that isn't Quark is working properly, it would seem
that the problem lies with Quark. Why not contact their support
and/or forums?

- Herb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines