Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Font Folio licences

Community Expert ,
Jul 29, 2013 Jul 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am looking for informations about differences between Font Folio 9, 10 and 11. Is it only technical differences (more fonts and OT format)?

I work in the IT team of a press group and I have been told that we needed to upgrade Font Folio each time we upgrade our OS (eg: from OS 10.6.x to 10.7.x, and so on).

Is this information true?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

There are absolutely no operating system version dependencies in Adobe Font Folio or in the individual fonts themselves.

What is true is that native operating system support for the older Type 1 font format is waning, although Adobe applications will continue to support Type 1 fonts in the applications' own private directories for the indefinite future. This issue of non-support of Type 1 fonts is becoming more accute with Microsoft's “Metro” interface (Windows 8) and WPF/XAML-based programs. Oth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are absolutely no operating system version dependencies in Adobe Font Folio or in the individual fonts themselves.

What is true is that native operating system support for the older Type 1 font format is waning, although Adobe applications will continue to support Type 1 fonts in the applications' own private directories for the indefinite future. This issue of non-support of Type 1 fonts is becoming more accute with Microsoft's “Metro” interface (Windows 8) and WPF/XAML-based programs. Other Windows programs including Visio and FileMaker also ignore any installed Type 1 fonts.

Font Folio 10, 11, and 11.1 add additional OpenType fonts plus compatible updates to existing OpenType fonts. Also, there are now licensing options for 5 and 10 users in addition to 20 users.

Note that Font Folio doesn't have any “installer” to deal with. One simply uses the standard font installation capabilities to install fonts on Font Folio's DVD.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Dov,

I was quite sure of this, but I wanted to be sure that we were not in infringement with the EULA. I would like to specify that I am concerned with the legal side of the question, not the technical one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines