• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Font Folio

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2010 Apr 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone out there.  Hey guys my name is Dave Goldschmidt, my wife and I work for a non profit and we help a lot of churches

design graphics, websites, videos etc.

I was wondering if there was anyone out there that would be willing to let us use one of their 5 Font Folio licenses to continue helping out other local charities and churches.  We dont make any money on any of our work and we can show you the stuff we've produced.

If there is anyone out there that can please help that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Dave Goldschmidt

dave.goldschmidt@agmd.org

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe's license agreement for Font Folio 11 provides::

4.4 No Transfer. YOU MAY NOT RENT, LEASE, SELL, SUBLICENSE, ASSIGN OR TRANSFER
YOUR RIGHTS IN THE SOFTWARE, OR AUTHORIZE ANY PORTION OF THE SOFTWARE TO BE
COPIED ONTO ANOTHER INDIVIDUAL OR LEGAL ENTITY'S COMPUTER EXCEPT AS MAY BE
PERMITTED HEREIN. You may, however, transfer all your rights to use the Software to another
individual or legal entity provided that: (a) you also transfer (i) this agreement, (ii) the serial number(s), the
Software and all other software or hardware bundled, packaged or pre-installed with the Software,
including all copies, upgrades, updates and prior versions, and (iii) all copies of font software converted
into other formats to such individual or entity; (b) you retain no upgrades, updates or copies, including
backups and copies stored on a computer; and (c) the receiving party accepts the terms and conditions of
this agreement and any other terms and conditions under which you purchased a valid license to the
Software. NOTWITHSTANDING THE FOREGOING, YOU MAY NOT TRANSFER EDUCATION,
PRE-RELEASE, OR NOT FOR RESALE COPIES OF THE SOFTWARE. Prior to a transfer Adobe may
require that you and the receiving party confirm in writing your compliance with this agreement, provide
Adobe with information about yourselves, and register as end-users of the Software. Allow 4-6 weeks to
transfer. Please visit http://www.adobe.com/support/main.html or contact Adobe's Customer Support
Department for more information.

You are thus asking licensees to violate their license agreement--unless, of course, the licensee secures Adobe's consent to the transfer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but if someone hsa a 5 user licesnse, that means 5 users can use it correct.  What if someone classifies me as an entity, an extension of their business.  Then as long as I am one of the 5 users what seems to be the problem??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The problem is that you are not an employee of the licensee, and you will

not be using the fonts to perform services for the licensee.

Ask Adobe if you think I am wrong. If you want an authoritative

interpretation of the Scriptures, you cannot do better than to ask God.

Similarly, ask Adobe if you want an authoritative opinion of the meaning of

its license agreement.

You should not be asking people to commit probable violations of their

license agreements absent an opinion from Adobe that what you ask is

permissible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines