• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Font Folio

Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2010 Nov 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently purchased Font Folio 11 for a customer.  I am not familiar with the software.  When att

empting to install, I realized there are no install files.  Am I missing something?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 15, 2010 Nov 15, 2010

Correct, there's no installer software. You'll just need to take the font files and install them on your system. You can find the instructions at http://www.adobe.com/type/browser/fontinstall/instructions_english.html

I'll just note that you should NOT install all the fonts that come in the DVD at the same time. That would slow your computer quite a bit, and make the font selection menus unnecessarily long. Install just the fonts you really need at a given time.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 15, 2010 Nov 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct, there's no installer software. You'll just need to take the font files and install them on your system. You can find the instructions at http://www.adobe.com/type/browser/fontinstall/instructions_english.html

I'll just note that you should NOT install all the fonts that come in the DVD at the same time. That would slow your computer quite a bit, and make the font selection menus unnecessarily long. Install just the fonts you really need at a given time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2010 Nov 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  Is there any recommended font managing softwares out there that are

inexpensive to be used in conjunction with the font folio?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 16, 2010 Nov 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This Wikipedia page lists a lot of them http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Font_management_software

I can't make any recommendation because I don't use font managers.

Here's an article from Thomas Phinney which might give you some advice http://blogs.adobe.com/typblography/2007/10/win_font_mgmt.html  The comments have good information as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 23, 2010 Nov 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Font Agent Pro has windows version and it is an easy to use application that runs in the background.

The article posted from Thomas Phinney is a bit old but using a font manager is the way to go Suitcase is also good but on the Mac I prefer Font Agent Pro

It cost $99 so they are pretty much inexpensive I think all of them cost about the same.

This way you can copy all the fonts onto your computer and create set of fonts you use and just select the set you are using so you never have too many fonts loaded and that will keep your system from slowing down or building up an unhealthy font cache files. Font Agent Pro will verify your fonts as you load them and then can even if you do not activate them.

So this way say you have a client that restricts you to the use of say ten fonts, say a group of Univers for headlines and a group of Adobe Garamond Pro for text then all you do is create a set with those fonts loaded and you are running mean and clean then just switch sets for a client that allows you to use many more fonts only restricted by your needs, likes and dislikes.

Very rational way to work.

You can load the same fonts in different sets since only one set can be loaded at a time so you can make as many sets as you want.

I use it myself, I never have a lot of fonts loaded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines