• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Font in folder, won't load in Photoshop CS5

New Here ,
Mar 24, 2011 Mar 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a new 64 bit Windows 7 desktop running CS5 Design Premium. I also have the same system/software on my Sony vaio laptop. When I try to edit photoshop cs5 files on my desktop that I created on my laptop, I get a "some text layers contain fonts that are missing. etc... " However, the fonts are not missing in my font folder c:windows/fonts. I try deleting and reinstalling, and it tells me they are already loaded. Also, it is a common font- arial narrow bold. I am the administrator. Suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 28, 2011 Mar 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm just guessing, but I would think that the most likely cause is that you have a newer version of Arial on the Windows 7 computer than you have on your old computer and Photoshop  is not recognizing the Windows 7 version as being the same as the version on your laptop that is referenced in the Photoshop document..

Perhaps the best solution to avoid further problems is to copy the newer versions of the font files from the Windows 7 machine to the older one so you are working consistently between machines. On the existing Photoshop document with which you are having problems, using the Windows 7 machine, see if you can change the font from Arial to something else and then back to Arial. That should put references to the new versions of the fonts into the documents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2011 Mar 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sincerely appreciate the response, however, both computers (the one the documents were created on) and the new computer are windows 7, both running licensed versions of cs5. The new computer shows I have all the fonts I need in in the appropriate place, but it is not in the list of fonts in any adobe software, and I get the missing fonts message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2011 Mar 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have a similar problem as minnesotaDee. I just purchased an OpenType font yesterday and installed it. I used it in both Photoshop and Illustrator. Today it didn't show up in either of the programs' type menus. I opened the .psd file that I made yesterday that included the new font, and got the "missing font" signs. Is there some way of "reminding" the programs what fonts they're supposed to be using? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines