Font issues in OSX/FontAgent Pro

New Here ,
Mar 16, 2015 Mar 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to get a handle on font messes spread across several Macs running 10.7.5.  Lots of different fonts loaded into local hard drives, causing much confusion as we share projects and media on shared storage.  I've been trying to use FontAgent Pro's Teamserver central font library app to get around this, but as I test, I keep getting different and inconsistent results.  For instance, I just enabled one font in FontAgent Pro, and used it successfully in Photoshop.  I then quit Photoshop,  enabled a second font (same family--Helvetica Neue), opened Photoshop, and...it still only sees the first one I enabled.  Aaagh.  Similar results in other apps.

My plan is to disable all unnecessary local fonts (which I did, using FontBook, and it was manual and tedious), and rely only on FontAgent libraries, but now I'm confused.  Any other ideas about how to minimize local fonts and get best results from FontAgent Pro libraries?

thanks,

Steve Tomich

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 16, 2015 Mar 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Seems like an issue that the vendor of FontAgent Pro should be able to assist you with since they are the experts on use of their product.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines