• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Font issues with ATM and new O/S install

Enthusiast ,
Apr 05, 2008 Apr 05, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had to reformat my h/d and now have issues with fonts. I see that I have several different versions of Minion and Myriad installed on my PC, when viewing through both the windows font manager and ATM, yet these same versions are not availble to me when I am in Pagemaker or Word. I suspect it has to do with Multiple Masters but I am unsure how to fix the problem. Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 06, 2008 Apr 06, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What operating system? What version of ATM (exactly)? What "different versions" of the fonts? What versions of PageMaker and Word?

Regards,

T

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 06, 2008 Apr 06, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows XP, Pagemaker 7.0 and ATM 4.1 Build 243 Lite May 24 2000.
Specifically the fonts are all different versions of Minion. Minion Pro, Minion Pro Condensed, Minion Pro Med, etc etc. Now 12 versions of Minion appear in Windows Font manager and the same 12 appear in ATM. When we open Pagemaker or Word, only 5 are available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 07, 2008 Apr 07, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That sounds correct. In a typical, simpler case, like Times New Roman,
observe that you have four font files, but you see only one font in
PageMaker or Word. This is because the Bold, Italic, and Bold Italic
variants are reached by style selections, not by font name.

Aandi Inston

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But I have a previously created Pagemaker document where a particular MinionMM font was used. When I open that document after the reformat, Pagemaker converts the MinionMM font to Courier. I seem to remember issues with Multiple Master fonts being problematic now....?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Multiple master fonts can still be happily used with XP, but Vista doesn't support them or ATM (which is needed to use them). (There is apparently a workround to install MM fonts on Vista, but I haven't read much about it.)

Anyway, have you installed the multiple master fonts? You've listed the OpenType versions but don't say if you've installed the MM versions. If you haven't, you'll get substitution in files originally created with those fonts. If you have, you still may not have created the specific custom instances used in the files, in which case you'll have to use ATM to create those instances.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines