font management software windows7

Participant ,
Aug 07, 2010 Aug 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Windows 7 now and CS5. Used to use suitcase for my temporary fonts needs, but I hear of users having problems with it now. Problems deactivating, ghost fonts in de windows/fonts folder etc. So I'm looking for alternatives.

Which are the best font managers for windows 7? I want to be able to temporarily install fonts from e.g. cd's or usb drives. But without it touching the windows/fonts folder so when I deactivate the font it won't make the windows/fonts folder bigger or mess up my windows installation in other ways. Preferably it should have auto-activation plugins for cs5 too. Don't know if suitcase 3 has improved much? Can it really make the windows/fonts folder bigger when installing temporary fonts? Or mess up the build in Windows Font Manager like it's said in forums?

Anyway, don't know of other, better, most used tools but basically it should do the same as suitcase dit. Organise font sets with the fonts being located in my own folders instead of windows/fonts. Activate/deactivate them. Add temporary fonts from e.g. cd. All without enlarging my windows/fonts folder.

Suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 10, 2010 Aug 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too would like feedback on what font management software works well under Win7 64. I have been using Suitcase Fusion 2 and it is slow, sluggish, frequently locks up or crashes. I also have problems with Postscript fonts that are permenanty active not showing up as available in my apps. I tried uninstalling it and downloading Suitcase Fusion 3 but the same problems persist. Nothing seems to have improved at all with this application.

This is really frustrating.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 21, 2010 Aug 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any advice on what font manager works well under windows 7 without bloating the windows/font folder or mess up windows 7's build in 'windows font manager'? What do graphic designers working with a w7 machine use as a font manager? I've read that a font could also be installed temporarilly by opening the font file and keeping its window open, but that doesn't seem to work anymore. There doesn't seem to be many font managers around for windows. And the few that do exist aren't updated to include cs5 auto activation plugins or compatible with w7.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 12, 2010 Oct 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Per ora posso solo usare font Bitstream navigazione di Corel.I hope that the most known programs release soon updates effective. Do your tests before you buy any software!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines