Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Font names not syncing across computers

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I have a relatively new MacBook Pro and iMac, each signed in to separate CC accounts with all apps updated (I run two separate businesses, but regularly work on both computers through the help of synced Dropbox folders).

Example of issue:

I create a Pages file using Adobe Fonts on my Macbook (say, using Sofia Pro) and save it to Dropbox. When I open the same file in the iMac, the font displays as missing, and uses an unfamiliar naming convention ("SofiaPro-Regular"), I then open the font dropdown only to see Sofia Pro listed right above the supposedly missing font.

Can someone help me understand how to fix this? I have quit CC, restarted CC, disabled and reenabled Adobe Fonts, uninstalled the fonts and reinstalled them. This same problem also occurs between Adobe CC files (InDesign, Illustrator).

Screen Shot 2021-11-05 at 4.07.22 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-11-05 at 4.07.26 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My problem might be related. I have a MacBook Air (M1, 2020) and just updated OS from original Big Sur to Monterey 12.0.1. Now in Pages, my beloved Adobe Garamond fonts (that I've been using for years through multiple machines and OS upgrades with no problems) render on screen but drop out when exporting to PDF or printing. This affects hundreds of docs. With help from Adobe and Apple support, I have removed and re-added the fonts (despite showing 6 errors) and now am about to revert to Big Sur to see if that will get me back to full function. But I still don't understand if the problem is with Adobe or Apple.Whose bug is it? How does it get addressed? If I revert to Big Sur, how will I know if the bug has been fixed and it's safe to update my OS? Has anyone else experienced this? If so, how have you fixed it? Oddly my Adobe Wood Type font is fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having issues with fonts from Adobe CC not showing their name on my fonts list. When used, characters are mashed together. I'm still waiting for an answer to this. It started when I updated to OS Monterey, and I'm using a 2017 Macbook Pro and 2017 iMac Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since you have two separate accounts, make sure you enable the same fonts on each one. Worth a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A given. Thanks for your input.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines