• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Font problem

New Here ,
Mar 19, 2016 Mar 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My graphics guy used Helvetica Neue font in a large project for me and I am needing to make a few text corrections because he is no longer on the project. I am on a windows platform using Acrobat Pro DC and it doesn't have that font. Is there a way for me to add that font? If not, what would be a comparable font in size and spacing? The text needing editing fits inside a 3" circle, so if I needed a new font I want to replace the old one without having to make any spacing adjustments. Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 21, 2016 Mar 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are really two parts to the answer to your question:

(1)  If you are going to do any corrections to existing text in Acrobat, you really need to license the same font originally used. Note that there are multiple versions of Helvetica Neue and character and font metrics do vary.

(2)  How do you add the font? You license it from wherever your “graphics guy” licensed the font, download the font, and then install it on your system.

(3)  PDF is a “final form file format” as opposed to a layout document format such a Word, InDesign, etc. file is. It is not particularly amenable to “editing” other than simple corrections. If you have the original source layout document, you would be much safer editing that file and creating a new PDF file from there including the correction.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines