• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Font won't deactivate tho indicates it has

Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2021 Oct 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a Windows 10 OS, having a problem in all Adobe apps (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator).

Rather than rely on Adobe's sketchy connectivity issues, we bought 2 fonts (it's been a problem for years, resulting in lost productivity).

We bought the same ones we were "renting" from Adobe, Tisa and Proxima Nova.

I deactivated ALL of the active fonts from Adobe, then installed the new fonts.

I used the Find/Replace Font dialog box in InDesign to replace the Tisa fonts with no incident.

Strangely, I didn't have to do that for Proxima Nova. I figured it was because the font names were the same (slightly different with Tisa).

After many hours of running in circles, I've made zero progress.

I know the programs are pulling the font from Adobe because I can see the path in the Find/Replace Font dialog box (see graphic). Also, the cloud icon is next to the font names in the drop-down list (see graphic).

I unchecked the Auto-Activate box in Preferences > File Handling.

I disabled Adobe Fonts in the CC Desktop Preferences > Services. And it shows no active fonts, as well.

I repeatedly checked on the Web site that all fonts were deactivated (see graphic), tho occasionally it had reactivated a few, which I deactivated yet again..

I've rebooted the computer several times.

And, to add insult to injury, when I open a document with the Proxima Nova font, it automatically reactivates it.

I have a ton of documentation that needs updating with the local version of the PN font.

I'm grateful for any help anyone can provide.

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 21, 2021 Oct 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disconnect from the Internet and try it. What happens?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2021 Oct 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good idea.

The font works, but still lists the same path (from Adobe), which is interesting. I have to assume that somewhere in the software there's a glitch that keeps it from showing the correct path.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 22, 2021 Oct 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2021 Oct 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh yeah....never thought about that.

Tried and failed, but I have a couple other ideas I want to try.

May take awhile, as my computer is running dead slow due to a lack of sufficient free space.

I'll update on Monday hopefully.

Thanks for the ideas!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines