• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fontlab 7 TTF not recognized by Adobe

New Here ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made a typeface using Fontlab 7 and exported to TTF. It's been installed and validated in my Font Book, and I still can't find it in Illustrator (or Word). I tried generating a new Adobe font file, didn't do anything. I've had no problems with other typefaces made using Fontlab, and I can use those in Illustrator. Any suggestions? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not a question associated with the Adobe Fonts service. Moving to the Type & Typography community.

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Having personally created by OpenType CFF and OpenType TTF fonts with FontLab 7, I can assure you that what you are experiencing is not true of all fonts created with FontLab 7.

One possibility is that the character set used in your font is triggering Adobe applications to list  your font separately, perhaps at the end of font list, just as these application font do for fonts with non-Western Latin character sets (such as symbolic fonts, Hebrew or Arabic fonts, etc.).

If that isn't the case, if you really want advise here, you might want to point us to the font such that it can be examined.

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines