• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fonts bundled with Creative Suite 3

New Here ,
Apr 12, 2007 Apr 12, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a list of fonts that will be included with Creative Suite 3 (Design Standard and Design Premium)? I'm getting a type order together and don't want to order anything I'll be getting with CS3...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a list, and we'll be posting it shortly....

T

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

David,

I did a quick search and saw no information about any fonts that might be included.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Thomas.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 23, 2007 Apr 23, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a quick and dirty version of the list here:
http://blogs.adobe.com/typblography/2007/04/cs3_bundled_fon.html

A more nicely formatted version on the regular Adobe.com pages will be up soon.

Regards,

T

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thomas,

Much appreciated. The question then comes up (for those of us who prefer to manage which fonts are installed and where), are custom font installations possible? Or do we have to ferret them out after installation?

Thanks.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed that CS3 puts the fonts in Library/Fonts on the Mac. CS2 placed he fonts in Library/Application Support/Adobe/Fonts. What gives? Now I have duplicate fonts in two locations. Personally, I'd rather have them in Library/Fonts. But, some fonts from CS2 were not installed in Library/Fonts. I assume they are for Acrbat PDF use and Adobe must have chosen to leave them in Adobe's folder.

Should I remove the duplicates? I assume since they are the same, there's no harm in having two...still.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bob,

To avoid font conflicts and anomalies, you should not have more than one installation of a font activated. I'll leave the other part of your question to Thomas.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bob,

As discussed, I deleted the topic in ATM/Type.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2007 Apr 24, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly what I needed, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I'd get rid of the duplicate fonts in Library/Application Support/Adobe/Fonts.

This was a difficult decision, as it will cause some near-term hassle for the next few years. But we are pretty sure putting our fonts in the standard locations is the right move for the long term.

Regards,

T

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thomas,

By not keeping fonts in the "traditional" Adobe font folder, how will that affect how we access and use the fonts? Was application code rewritten with this "move" in mind?

I also see this as being a frequent topic in the future -- will there be an FAQ on this?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A related item:

I notice that the new fonts give me permission to Read Only, not to Read and Write as with the previous fonts. Thus, I cannot apply a color label to the font on the Mac. Sigh! (I often will select all fonts and give them a color before installing software as a way to quickly see what new fonts were installed (okay, I can view by date, too; but, still...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neil:

No, it usually matters little to our core font engine. In fact, the only bug I know of related to where fonts are installed was a problem with fonts installed in the Adobe-specific folder....

T

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, then, I'll just continue organizing my fonts as I have for years: in font folders on my drive that I have control over using third-party font management, rather than in the Adobe-specific folder.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>I'll just continue organizing my fonts as I have for years: in font folders on my drive that I have control over

Ditto. :)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 25, 2007 Apr 25, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thomas

I am curious about the ttf fonts in the web authoring section on your blog. These are not Adobe fonts, are they? Where can we get a look at them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 26, 2007 Apr 26, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We acquired them from the designer, who has all sorts of info about his versions of them at http://www.miniml.com/

Cheers,

T

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 03, 2007 Jun 03, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This information is held on the fireworks readme file in CS3:
"The installation disk contains miniml fonts in the Goodies/Fonts folder."
Mine does not contain this folder. How do I get the fonts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 03, 2007 Jun 03, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's been a very unfortunate error, and the "suite" configurations are missing the "miniml" fonts, even though they are included with the individual products (certainly with Flash CS3, and I believe with Fireworks CS3 as well).

Adobe people are working out the best way to solve the problem now, and I'll post something as soon as I have more details.

On behalf of Adobe, my sincerest apologies for the omission.

Regards,

T

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 04, 2007 Jun 04, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thomas,

To my way of thinking -- and in light of having received the first CS3 patches today -- the easiest, most equitable way to do this could be in a patch-update. For those who hold a legitimate license and product registration, this becomes a no-brainer.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 04, 2007 Jun 04, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was one of our first thoughts as well - we'll see if it is feasible.

Regards,

T

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2007 Jun 15, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Thomas,

I have the Design Premium version of CS3. I assume the Minimal fonts are missing from there also, because I cant find them!

Any idea when (and how) this this situation will be rectified?

Thanks in advance.

Marcus Flux

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2007 Aug 20, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Has anyone put together a list/comparison of what fonts are new and/or changed since CS2?

We manage all of our fonts in our own directory/system. It appears that there's no way to turn-off font installation during the install of CS3, so I'll probably have to sort out a LOT of fonts that have been added. I'm just hoping to see what is new since CS2, so I can just add those new fonts only, and delete all others.

- Any resources for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines