• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fonts for Book Cover

New Here ,
Jul 03, 2019 Jul 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May I use the Adobe Typekit Fonts/Adobe Fonts, etc to design a book cover for a book that will be published?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Assuming that you are creating a PDF file of the book cover for the publisher with fonts embedded for them to print (i.e., they aren't doing additional design work or adjustments), you are within the license for Adobe Fonts.

However, if you are sending a source file (Illustrator, InDesign, etc.) to the publisher, they will either need to have an Adobe Creative Cloud license that supports Adobe Fonts or they will need to license the fonts themselves.

- Dov

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Assuming that you are creating a PDF file of the book cover for the publisher with fonts embedded for them to print (i.e., they aren't doing additional design work or adjustments), you are within the license for Adobe Fonts.

However, if you are sending a source file (Illustrator, InDesign, etc.) to the publisher, they will either need to have an Adobe Creative Cloud license that supports Adobe Fonts or they will need to license the fonts themselves.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines