• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fonts in Adobe Indesign - cannot find them

Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Adobe in design via Creative cloud. Just used it on my desktop to create a document (Window's 10) - want to discuss some changes with a realtive. So, installed InDesign on my surface Pro (Widows 10 again) - installed no problem. Then save the InDesign file from my desktop and opened it on surface Pro......all the fonts have dissapeared.

The fonts don't seem to've installed on my surface pro when I downloaded InDesign...no idea why not as I have done nothing but use the CC app on both machines.

This is actually an order of service for a family funeral.....there is no real way to describe how annoying and inconvienient this is. Never entered my head that a problem like this would crop up. Does anyone have any idea why this may have happened and is there a quick way to ensure that CC installs the fonts??

Cheers

Stuart

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[moved from downloading, installing & setting up]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign doesn't install fonts. It uses the fonts which ​you ​have installed on your computer.

You need to use Windows to install the fonts you need on your Surface Pro. (Or you need to do so with font management software.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone have any idea why this may have happened and is there a quick way to ensure that CC installs the fonts??

Well, there are lots of possible causes as to why it happened. Maybe you were using Typekit fonts on the desktop, and  Typekit is turned off on your Surface? Maybe you have additional fonts installed by your OEM on your desktop? If you really want to know, we might be able to tell you where they came from if you can tell us the names of the fonts.

There are also some quick ways to ensure that CC installs the fonts. If you have access to the desktop, the best thing to do would be to open up the INDD, then go to File -> Package. The packaging tool can create a Document Fonts folder (as well as a Links folder, if you use any linked images). Move the INDD and the Document Fonts folder to the Surface, and InDesign will automatically use all of the fonts in the Document Fonts folder.

Or, you could use fonts only from Typekit. There's an "Always Sync Typekit Fonts" preference in the Creative Cloud app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I meant, "there's a Sync Fonts from Typekit" button in the Assets section of the Creative Cloud app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this discussion to the Type & Typography forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In addition to Steve and Joel:

There's a very small package of fonts installed in InDesign's program folder, see the path in my screenshot:

indd-fonts.png

They don't appear in the Windows font folder nor in other programs like Photoshop / Illustrator /MS-Office ect.

Fenja

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines