Fonts in chrome and firefox being overidden

New Here ,
Oct 14, 2021 Oct 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fonts on certain websites are being overriden to what I believe to be an Adobe font (see screenshot).

chrome_r7MIWFPwRZ.png

The font appears to be in bold and italic which presents issues for the work I am doing. I have disabled Adobe fonts and yet the issue still persists. I am running Windows 10 and have Creative Cloud installed.

Any help would be appreciated.

TOPICS
Font rendering , Offline font

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 15, 2021 Oct 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are these web sites that you made? What makes you say they are overridden - if you see them in another font somewhere please give a screen shot of the same page.

And, please share the URL of this page if it is public.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2021 Oct 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They're not that I have made. They appear on other websites too (Netflix, other private sites that I can't share the url).

I say overriden because on a previous laptop running MacOS, this issue did not appear at all. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, why do you feel this is an Adobe font? Which one? Are you a subscriber to Adobe fonts, and did you activate this one?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Disable all Adobe fonts! If they are disabled, they get removed from the system. It is highly unlikly that Adobe fonts override other fonts if the website is correctly configured. If it's not configured correctly, you should contact the website provider. Sometimes, by examining the web source code, you see the intended font to be used. I would start with that. Modern sites load their own fonts, but have fall-back instructions when that fails.

As long as you can't share the sites with us, it's difficult to analyze the situation. It's like saying you have a defect with your car, but we can't get the car in our workshop.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines