• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fonts preview in English but Font name appears in Asian?

New Here ,
Aug 24, 2013 Aug 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have CC applications and all apps have the same issue.  When I try to select a Font type the preview of many are in an Asian or South-West Asian language.  However, if I select one the type appears in English.  Since I am not fluent in whatever languages these fonts are previewing, makes it very difficult to get an idea what the will look like unless I enter type for every one.

I looked at the "AdobeFnt_CMaps.lst" and saw under "Ordering:Japan1".  I don't know if this is a clue, but I would like to know how to sync an English preview to the English type.

The fonts I am using are Native Windows 7 and Native Adobe.  I can pull-up the "Font panel" in Win 7 and, for instance, Adobe Devanagari appears to be in Devangari (if so a Language exists) but types in English.  I realize the Font names certainly sound like an Asian or Mid-Eastern language, maybe, they are intended to not be an English font, if that is the case I would like to know so I can disable them.

1.  Should the Cmaps be changed from :"Ordering:Japan1" to (Please enter correct answer here)?

2.  Are these Fonts supposed to be the language in which they appear on the thumbnails and not and I should just delete them?

3.  Is there some other fix?

4.  Does anyone know where to get some free to low cost Web/Desktop Fonts?

Thanks

Dbellas

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?