• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fonts unavailable in FM 8.0 but available in MS Word

New Here ,
Jun 10, 2010 Jun 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Several Futura and Garamond fonts were installed on my laptop but are not available in FM. When the documents are open containing these fonts, the "unavailable fonts" message boxes displays.

When I access the Paragraph Designer and select the Default Font tab, a few of my paragraph tags, the font is displayed in gray. The three unavailable  fonts are Futura Book (Future Book BT True Type) , Garamond Book/Ultra Cond and Futura Light (Futura Light BT True Type).

Any idea why I can use these fonts in Microsoft products but they seem to be unusable and are replaced in the FM Console?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2010 Jun 17, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assuming FM 8.0 is "FileMaker Pro 8".

FileMaker stopped supporting certain type formats with either 8.0 or 8.5. PostScript is no longer supported. You need a TrueType or OpenType version and you should be fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 17, 2010 Jun 17, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

(1)     FM might mean FrameMaker. The original poster should let us know what he means by FM.

(2)     In terms of Apple's support for fonts in FileMaker, in fact they only support TrueType fonts. They only support TrueType-flavoured versions of OpenType, not OpenType CFF fonts.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines