• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Frustration with getting font.

Explorer ,
Apr 21, 2010 Apr 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My frustration level is at an all-time high.

This is a problem going back almost a year, when I had a catastrophic System failure that also took out my back-up drive as well. I lost many of my fonts, but was able to retrieve most all via re-downloading at Adobe.com, or by way of DVD back-ups of my archived files. After trying to get it this issue resolved last year, I was so upset at getting a run-around from Adobe during phone calls, that I walked away until just last week.

To lay it all out, here is an e-mail I sent last year, following the over 1.0 hr. I spent on the phone trying to get a resolution.

I've deleted case numbers, as I didn't think they would be appropriate on an on-line open Forum.

04/21/200919:56:42

This was not resolved. I'm still needing to find out if I can download a font I purchased from Adobe back in the 1990s.

The ITC Franklin Gothic Package (103-00) was purchased via Adobe's Type On Call on 17 Nov 1993. The Access Key is xxx-xxx-xxxx-xxxx. I no longer have any of the TOC discs.

So far today, I've spoken with Customer Service (Ron) who recommended I talk with Sales (Shawn) who transfered me to the Font Department (Justin) who said he could not authorize fonts, and sent me to Sales (Aaron) who can't sell fonts, so he sent me to Customer Service (Peter), who insisted I've never bought anything from Adobe prior to 2003, and hung up on me.

Nice. Not.

I have a fax page from Adobe with fourteen font packages I had purchased prior to 1995, and there are a few more purchased between then and 2003. All I want to know is if I can download the Franklin Gothic Package, since I have no access to the Type On Call disc.

I appreciate any help.

Here is the response I received from Adobe:

05/11/200912:35:32

Hello Philip,

Thank you for contacting Adobe Customer Service.

Due to the Support Portal being closed on weekends, we were unable to respond to your e-mail. We sincerely regret any inconvenience this may

have caused and appreciate your patience.

Philip, with regard to your Fonts FTP link query, we need to inform you that there is no FTP link available for your software. However, you will

be offered with a 20% discount on the new purchase.

For more information on Adobe® products or services, please visit us at: http://www.adobe.com or contact Adobe Sales department at 1 (800)

585-0774. Sales Service Representatives are available 5:00am-7:00pm PT, Monday to Friday.

For your records, your customer ID number is xxxxxxxxx. The customer ID number is the easiest way for us to access your account in our database.

In future, please provide this number when you contact Adobe. The Case Number is xxxxxxxxx.

Philip, the Web Support Portal Representatives are available from Monday to Friday. For your convenience, on weekends we have a dedicated phone

support for Customer Service related queries. Please feel free to contact our phone support at 1 (800) 833-6687 from 6:00am-8:00pm PT, 7 days a week.

Best Regards,

Angel P.

Adobe Customer Service

Of course, there is no way to order a font on line & receive a 20% discount. When calling Adobe, they will only offer to sell the entire Font Folio 11, but not individual fonts or families.

Last week, I decided to call again, as a project came up where I really needed to have the ITC Franklin Gothic Standard family package. In total, I was on the phone 1 hr. 34 min. being shuffled between Customer Service & the Sales departments.

04/15/2010

Called Adobe Sales & spoke with Shannon. She said this was an issue for Customer Service, so she transferred me to Nespin (sp?)

Nespin told me that Customer Service cannot handle an order & that I must talk with Sales. He transferred me to Rebecca.

Rebecca said she can only sell the entire Font Folio package, not individual fonts. I asked for a Supervisor, and she transferred me to Ray.

Ray told me he could not handle any font sales, only sales of Adobe Programs. He was going to transfer me back to Customer Service, but said I should ask for a supervisor there. Ray transferred me to Alvin.

Alvin (supervisor) in Customer Service gave me a case number (xxxxxxxxx) and told me to use that… when he transfered me back to Sales. He said that Sales needed to "create a coupon" that I could use in an on-line order, as on-line was the only way fonts were sold any more. He transferred me back to Sales.

At Sales, I spoke with Anthony, who then passed me to Ian (supervisor). Once again, he could not sell an individual font, or get me an on-line discount coupon, but said he could "elevate" the request. He assured me multiple times that someone would call me back & get the issue resolved.

At this point 04/21/2010, I have received no call from anyone at Adobe.

I really would appreciate a call-back from Adobe, to let me know if Adobe will honor it's offer of 20% off the font package, or if the company is simply revoking the offer.

I'm burned-out on trying via phone.

many thanks,

wadcorp

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wadcorp,

Please understand that Adobe does not officially monitor these forums. They are user to user forums meant for discussions and self help within that group. Thus, don't expect anyone within Adobe who can assist you to see this posting.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Dov,

Appreciate the feedback.

That was my concern. I'm still trying to get anyone at Adobe to give

me a definitive answer on this, and so far nothing but back-and-forth

buck-passing.

As I said, it is very frustrating.

thanks,

Phil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 22, 2010 Apr 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phil,

I've sent you a private message. Please check your inbox.

Regards,

Miguel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 26, 2010 Apr 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Got the TOC disc, but have a feeling it isn't going to work. No OS9

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines