Having issues with Myriad Pro Font with Office 2013 Products

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2014 Jul 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have tried to install Myriad Pro Fonts manually on a windows 8 & 8.1 machine with office 2013 64 bit but it seems that the office products like work, excel do not pick up the right font even though its comes up as Myriad Pro in the font list.

I have logged this Microsoft as well but still haven't had much luck. In Office 2010 it used to work fine as it a 32 bit product.

Print Preview Word 2013

Print Preview word 2013.jpg

You can see that when printed it brings the (C) from Page 2 to Page 1. Whereas in Word 2010 it is fine, it will print exactly what is shown above.

Word 2013 Printed_Page_1.jpg

Any assistance will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 08, 2014 Jul 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunately, there isn't anything much Adobe can do about this. It has nothing to do with what is in the Myriad Pro font itself, but probably has to do with improperly handling of OpenType CFF fonts.

I myself have found a few bugs in Office 2013 in terms of OpenType CFF font handling, especially with regards to how Office 2013 saves PDF files (not when using the Acrobat “save as PDF” feature of Acrobat).

Since this relates to print, you should also be aware that Office products do tend to reformat based on metrics at printer device resolution as opposed to screen device resolution and that such reformating often occurs if you compose with one printer selected and then select a different printer to actually print to. This particular problem in Office goes all the way back to the first version of Word.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines