• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Having some type issues between Indd & DC.

New Here ,
Feb 17, 2020 Feb 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just started experiencing a few issues with type between InDesign 2020 and Acrobat DC. I export a PDF as I usually do, but for some strange reason  Aktiv Grotesk from TypeKit returns this message and doesn't display correctly and I can't for the life of me work out why!Screenshot 2020-02-17 at 14.32.51.png

TOPICS
Import and export , Performance , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Feb 24, 2020 Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please advise as to exactly which version of MacOS you are running under for the PDF creation.

In the recent few weeks, we have been hearing about such problems intermittently (not always reproducible) occuring with systems running MacOS 10.15.4 beta releases. (It goes without saying, or at least it should go without saying that you should never use beta OS or application releases for production work.) The problem is basically that when creating the PDF file, although the font appears to be embedded, actually none of the accessed glyphs are embedded in the PDF file.

From what we have heard, sometimes the problem is resolved by uninstalling and reinstalling the font(s) for which the problem appears, suggesting some possible font cache problem. Other times, simply rebooting the system on which the PDF file is created resolves the problem.

But again, please advise as to exactly what version of MacOS you are running under for the PDF creation.

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines