• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

help with adobe fonts-buy, install error message

Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2013 May 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to purchase a few fonts from adobe. How do I go about doing so and installing them? Would I need to update/upgrade them over the years?  Each time I go to the font site and click on a font, I got an error message : 'you may not have everything you need to view certain sections of adobe.com. . . ..it also mentioned my browser may be '......earlier than IE 4 which is not supported.....'  I have Win7 64 bit IE 10 so I don't know what's the problem. Any suggestion, anyone?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 08, 2013 May 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

First of all, you cannot buy Adobe fonts, but rather you license them.

Assuming that you are referring to OpenType fonts, such fonts may be readily installed by either dragging and dropping the .otf font file into the Fonts Control Panel window or by right clicking on the .otf file and selecting the install function.

Although Adobe has done some minor updates to their fonts over the years, there have generally not been any available update or upgrade programs for them. The same is true for other major font vendors.

Windows 7 64-bit in conjunction with Internet Explorer 10 seems to work perfectly fine for me <http://www.adobe.com/type>.

Do you have Adobe Flash installed on your system? I believe that the website works without it, but that may be the problem.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines