• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I access existing fonts on my computer while using CC apps?

New Here ,
Dec 07, 2014 Dec 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have a dumb question that I can't seem to find the answer to. I'm pretty new to the Adobe creative software overall and just installed CC. Is there a way to access the fonts already installed on my Mac while in the CC apps?

In this case while in Photoshop CC or Illustrator CC, when I go to the 'Type' menu to find a font that I normally use, only an 'Add fonts to Typekit' option is available while none of the local fonts are listed.

Any help walking me through how to access my existing fonts would be appreciated. Thanks much!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 08, 2014 Dec 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving the discussion to Adobe Type forum.

Thanks,

Atul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 09, 2014 Dec 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every font which is installed on your system can be used in most CC applications, exceptions are:

• If a font type is Mac only, it can't be used on Windows.
  • If a font is installed in the private area of a software or software group (e.g. in the font folder of a specific program or of a manufacturer in application support) others cannot use this font.
  • If a font is installed in the user's private folder on the computer, others don't have access to this font.

What I suppose is, that you clicked on the T icon in the font menu. This will cause a filtering for TypeKit fonts only. Klick again on the T to release the filter.

typekitfilter.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2014 Dec 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Willi. I figured it out by chance. As I said, I'd just installed the CC apps and while trying to make a brand new document I couldn't see them, but as soon as I opened one of my old CS5 docs that had type in them, this seemed to load them all, suddenly I'm able to see and access all my fonts from the dropdown.

Appreciate the info and screenshot you that provided! I'll keep these in mind if I have any trouble going forward. Cheers~

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines