• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to get a font that is already available in my other Adobe products?

Explorer ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a flyer in Adobe Photoshop 2020 CC and used the font "Gabriola." I also used it in Illustrator 2020 CC for a logo design (shown so you can see the font). However, when I try to access the files on my other computer (both computers use the same Creative Cloud account), neither Illustrator nor InDesign recognizes the font. In fact, both programs want to change it to something else. How do I get this font on all of my Adobe products on both computers?LOGO.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

That font is not distributed as part of any Adobe product nor is it available as part of the Adobe Fonts service. To use it on another system, you must install it on the other system, assuming that the license that you have for the font allows for multiple computer installation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That font is not distributed as part of any Adobe product nor is it available as part of the Adobe Fonts service. To use it on another system, you must install it on the other system, assuming that the license that you have for the font allows for multiple computer installation.

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gabriola is a Microsoft font. It comes with Windows 8, 8.1 and 10 as well as some Office apps. See https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/typography/font-list/gabriola for more information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I see that the font is in Windows 10, which I have on both of my computers. How do I go about importing it into the Adobe products (Illustrator 2020 CC and Photoshop 2020 CC) that don't recognize the font on my desktop computer? It is available in the same Adobe products on my laptop. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look through your entire list of fonts. The only way that it would not appear is if someone uninstalled the font and then didn't properly reinstall it for all users!

There is no function for “importing fonts” into Adobe applications. It uses what is already installed on your system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay....I downloaded the font and installed it (seems to be a free install under Creative Commons). Now Photoshop recognizes it and so does InDesign, but not Illustrator 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you close Illustrator and re-open it before trying to access the font. Also, fonts are not necessarily in what you or I think is alphabetical order.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay! Thanks so much for your help! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2022 Jan 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there. Running into similar issues. Do you remember where you downloaded the Gabriola font?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Never tried a Google search? 😉

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/typography/font-list/gabriola

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting that the font is available on my laptop in Illustrator 2020 CC and in Photoshop 2020 CC, but not in these exact same programs in the same CC account on my desktop computer! Thanks though 🙂  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You didn't indicate what operating system you are running under for your laptop or desktop, but as mentioned in a previous response to you, if you are running Windows 8.x or Windows 10, the font comes installed with the operating system.

See https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/typography/font-list/gabriola for more information.

If your desktop computer is running Windows 8.x or Windows 10, the font should be there unless someone uninstalled it.

The font's availability in Illustrator and/or Photoshop is not controlled by those programs. It has absolutely nothing to do with your CC account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines