• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to improve the design of this document?

Explorer ,
May 12, 2009 May 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm working on this simple business plan and was wondering if perhaps you guys could offer me any advice on how to improve its design? Any important typographical conventions? What about the typeblock? Perhaps there are some golden number-inspired sizes / ratios I could apply here and there?

Thanks so much y'all!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2009 Jun 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey reddvinylene,

I like your setup it's already looking good, but there are some things you can improve.

The Index

The numbering of the table of content looks good but the indentation of your subs looks kind of awkward especially where one is followed by another and the numbering is between two words of text. I have included a sketch of what you could do (don't look at the quality the camera sucks, it's from my work). The dots are a no go, they draw to much attention and pollute your lay-out.

If you need some tips for the body post again, but I need to know if you will use a spread lay-out or a single page lay-out. And about the golden section, do you know something about it or do you need it explained because I could if you want.

good luck,

Sidney

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 12, 2009 Jun 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Sidney,

thanks for the response. Your file is still queued up though. While we wait, I did manage to get help here, here, and here as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2009 Jun 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

I don't know why the image wasn't attached but i'll draw you

a new sketch this weekend. For the body as well.

Sidney

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The file is still queued, what's up with that?

Anyway - yeah, the table dots might pose a problem. Have you seen the classicthesis.pdf or fontinstallationguide.pdf way of doing it? Those are the only options I have right now.

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

That's almost like the sketch I send you, here it is. The only thing I did

different is the indenting I would keep it ordered.

good luck,

Sidney

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 29, 2009 Jun 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is some pretty fine handwriting you got there

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2009 Jul 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the compliment and sorry for replying this late. If you need any more help let me know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines