• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

hypatia sans - different a

New Here ,
Nov 24, 2010 Nov 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the Hypatia Sans pro font and according to the character set there are two different a's in the font - but I can only access the standard one and not the one which has a circle with vertical line (don't know what the correct term would be). I use Mac OSX, does anyone know how do to this...?

I can find it in the Font Book as Glyph 264, but I can't find it in the Character Viewer...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 24, 2010 Nov 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's called "single-story a". To access it in Mac OS X apps (such as TextEdit, Pages, Keynote, etc.) first open the Fonts Panel (Cmd+T).

Fonts_window.png

Then click on the Actions button (bottom-left corner) and select "Typography". This will open the Typography panel.

Actions_menu.png

Finally, type your 'a', select it, and apply the Stylistic Set #2.

Typography_panel.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2010 Nov 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks, that's definitely helpful to know... however i was actually looking for a solution to use it in indesign5 (not that i had said so in my original post, but still...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 25, 2010 Nov 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In the case of InDesign, you just need to use the OpenType menu or create a Character Style.

OT_menu.png

CharStyle.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines