Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

I am trying to purchase and use a font named Leawood so that I can print documents in QuarkXpress. What do I have to do?

New Here ,
May 05, 2016 May 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to purchase an Adobe Font named Leawood, so that I can print documents in QuarkXpress.  It seems daunting to execute this simple request.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

May 06, 2016 May 06, 2016
To augment Liz's response …The ITC Leawood font family ​was ​part of Adobe's Type Library and until recently, was available for licensing directly from Adobe although in fact, Adobe originally licensed that font family from ITC, now owned by Monotype.ITC Leawood is ​still available ​from Adobe if you license the ​Adobe Font Folio​ containing the entire Adobe font library. Otherwise, as Liz responded, you will need to license that font family through other sources such as (but not limited to) fon...

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to Typekit

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Scott,

Leawood is not owned by Adobe, but you can purchase a license for it from the foundry:

ITC Leawood® Font Family - Fonts.com

Once you've downloaded and installed the font files on your computer, Leawood will be available to all of your desktop programs.

I hope that this helps,

-- liz

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to ​Type & Typography forum since this has nothing to do with ​Typekit.

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To augment Liz's response …

The ITC Leawood font family ​was ​part of Adobe's Type Library and until recently, was available for licensing directly from Adobe although in fact, Adobe originally licensed that font family from ITC, now owned by Monotype.

ITC Leawood is ​still available ​from Adobe if you license the ​Adobe Font Folio​ containing the entire Adobe font library. Otherwise, as Liz responded, you will need to license that font family through other sources such as (but not limited to) fonts.com.

ITC Leawood like other Monotype offerings is not available through Typekit.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines