Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can't find my Century Gothic Font

Feb 24, 2015 Feb 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i had century gothic font on my old computer but when i installed cs6 on my new computer this font was missing. And was a standard font on my old computer!

How do I get this font again and why is it missing in the first place.

TOPICS
Missing font

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Century Gothic is not a font distributed by Adobe either with any application (such as any of the CS6 applications) or as a separately-licensed product.

It is a font family that is included with Windows in TrueType format. It is a look-alike to ITC Avant Garde.

You didn't indicate whether your new computer is a Windows system or a Mac. But if it is a Windows system, if you are missing any of the Century Gothic fonts, it would be because someone or some software explicitly uninstalled (deleted) the fonts. Under MacOS, I believe that this font family is distributed as part of Microsoft Office.

In any case, it is nothing that Adobe can assist with. Sorry!

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dov,

New computer is a mac and my old computer was a mac also?

Can I still get it for my Mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I did some searching for you. The list of fonts installed by Office 2011 for Mac can be found at Installed files list for Office 2011 | OfficeforMacHelp.com.

If you are not going to install Office, you would likely need to license (for $) these fonts from a third party. Try http://www.fonts.com.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines