• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I hate adobe - reason 27234823642364 -

Explorer ,
Nov 19, 2014 Nov 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh yeah, question. being forced to use typescript I have wasted several hours figuring it out. WHATS WRONG WITH JUST GIVING US THE FONT FILES - Oh year YOU LOOSE CONTROL - I get it now. So Question is. How can I implement it WOUTH OUT placing the stupid code on every page. Ever heard of having 1 .js file for all the .js script? I know, very simple. Maybe you can, but after 1 hour googling for it I have determined that as usual Adobe have just made it all really difficult.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

to be quite honesty i dont know why i bother, talking to adobe is like talking to an indian call center, you spend 90% of the time waiting and then some one asked, HAVE YOU BUILT THE FONT FILe, DID YOU UP LOAD THE INTEGRATION CODE

The chances of getting an answer are virtually zero.

I just want to tell my client NO - You cant use type fonts. hey are just to complicated. And guess what, if I stop using Cloud your font vanishes!!! Fantastic!! Great!!!

And all this talk about 'buetiful' fonts this, beuatiful fonts that... rubbish. Theres nothing beutiful about fonts.

It only took me 2 days to get the font loaded so I could read some photoshop files that were sent me using them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really dont know why I bother.

I dont want to use this:

<script src="//use.typekit.net/xxxxx.js"></script>

<script>try{Typekit.load();}catch(e){}</script>

I want to use this

<link rel="stylesheet" href="js/fonts.css" type="text/css" media="screen" />

Its an external .js file that has lots of script in it.

But I dont know how to include the first line

<script src="//use.typekit.net/xxxxx.js"></script>

Maybe my java skills are too crap? Maybe, but my frustration barrier is even lower and I feel like smashing my stupid laptop up and jumping out the window. I cant beleive how Adobe constantly makes me feel like this.

I spoke to the designer on SKYPE in South Africa and he said 'Its supposed to make thing easier'. Strange how all this making things easier take weeks to do what you could do in minutes with the @ font files or simple google like font css includes.

Why the hell do I have to build a font kit? whats up with that? Why not give me a huge folder with all the fonts in it like they used to do when computers ran .386 microprocessors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lol

I had a similar prolem just hours ago. I too gave up!!!

Anyway, It reminds me of my Jepp Cherokee, I dont have it anymore, but I hade to replace the radiator. It has 'Quick Release' hose connectors. lol. The only thing is you need a special tool to quickly release them. Its a plastic sleeve, you just insert it up the out hose sleeve and it releases the tiny jaws that act as locks on the water hose. Simple. Except if you have just taken all the radiator out and found out, it only takes 5 hours to figure out that you need a special tool as it doesnt look like it,. Then 5 hours to find it on the internet. Thats 10 hours of most of Saturday. Then you order it for £15 and wait 6 days for it to arrive, which is just in time for another weekend of pain and frustration.

Its great because after a week of having your car with a radiator hanging out of it you can quickly release the little rubber hose that you so nearly wanted to hack out with a machette or something.

Moral is, Quick release features are fantastic even if they do take a week to use. its quick release and saves hours and hours over conventional spanner style arrangements. spanners are too inconvenient as everyone has them.

Remember, Adobe were not responsible for the quick release features on the Jeep Cherokee radiator system. No matter how they might want to suggest they were.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im glad no one has answered yet. I love sitting around bot being able to do stuff. Its my favorite past time. Its second only to sending in support tickets to support staff that migt or might not read it with 1-50 hours time and then they might or might not read it properly. thats just fun fun fun. In fact, I have my very own copy paste items such as DID YOU RAD MY TICKET BECAUSE IF YOU DID YOU'LL NOTICE THAT YOUR AWNSER DIDNT REALTE TO MY QUESTION IN ANY WAY.

Gosh. Im glad I dont have ADOBE SUPPORT for the £50/momth I pay them that would be way to much to expect. I know that only a 'community' iis right for me were everyone has happy smily face icons, I just with I had a happy smily face icon or maybe a kitten icon por something, it would make me feel so much part of the community, it would really float my boat.

I think that before telling my client he cant use typefont from adobe because its too much trouble i'll just sit here for several more hours getting even more wound up, its great working on the interwebs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the answer.

Its not worth it.

Just use Arial and have done with it.

This is the right awnser. - No need to smash your head against a wall or gouge pencils up your nose to solve this. Using Arial for everyinth is a simple work around that will save your salery and speed up your workflow so you can go on earning the £50 month for Adobe to ad more and more things that just simply dont do anything but look great in the updated features list.

Thanks Adobe.

ps, anyone know where I can get a really PC correct icon? I need one with a happy kitten on it that looks caring and yet helpful to help calm psychopathic web designers and help reduce angst, frustration and nager in dark dingy loney hovels across the world.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hope you feel better after venting via your monologue.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines