• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I just want to choose a nice simplified Chinese (Mandarin) font for use in documents. Adobe site doesn't make this easy. How do I shop and purchase?

New Here ,
Mar 15, 2016 Mar 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to shop for and purchase a good simplified Chinese font (Mandarin) for use in documents. Adobe doesn't make this easy. How do I find, purchase and download??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Mar 18, 2016 Mar 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your request contains the barest information—though the same holds for the Adobe website if you don't know where to look.

Have you installed the Chinese facilities for your operating system, and are you dissatisfied with the included fonts?

Have you installed Adobe software that came bundled with CJK fonts, or are you a subscriber to the Creative Cloud and thus have access to Typekit fonts?

Modern "simplified" fonts also contain "traditional" versions of the same characters (and in fact the truly "simplified" forms are a small minority), a point I made in an old thread from 2010 that may still be worth a look for those not familiar with such issues.

If you are interested in sanserif styles, you should know that Adobe is one of the primary backers of Source Han Sans, described in several posts on Abobe's CJK Type blog.  One of its chief advantages is that Source Han Sans offers seven weights, which is unusual for CJK fonts, and can be very helpful for setting off a document's titles and sub-headings.  However, the full package is enormous and tricky to install, so you may prefer to download only the Noto Sans CJK SC version from Google (another backer), a mere 116 MB.

Good luck!

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines