Exit

I need a similar font to this

New Here ,
Oct 02, 2008 Oct 02, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://www.greenpaint.net/
(It's the words "green paint")

It doesn't have to be exact. Anyone have ideas about what is similar?

many thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Justin,

Have you tried submitting a sample to myfonts.com? See: http://www.myfonts.com/WhatTheFont/

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neither WhatTheFont nor Identifont, two semi-automatic font
identification sites, were able to come up with anything useful.

If noöne here can answer, you might try the type identification forums
at WhatTheFont or Typophile.

- Herb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks you guys! I tried all those things except Typophile. I think that my submission is now far down the list at whatsmyfont.

I'll submit to typophile now.

Any idea of "kind" of type this is?

thanks,
Justin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 03, 2008 Oct 03, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by kind? Manufacturer, typeface classification or category, something else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...or color? <g><br /><br />By the way, the use of the font in the posted example is awful. Terrible letterspacing, and the outline effect doesn't add to it.<br /><br />Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're really just looking for a "kinda-like-it", Prose Antique has a similar "feel" to this font, although the "g" is very different. I have no idea what the posted font "really" is. Sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks all. By "kind" I meant style. I know it's a serif font, but I thought maybe there would be a category like artistic that it might fit.

I'm not to versed in typography so it sounds like a made a blunder. 🙂 Anyway, I appreciate the help so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Justin,
>I'm not to versed in typography so it sounds like a made a blunder.

What blunder?

Be aware that there are literally tens of thousands of different fonts in electronic form; some are better than others; some are more popular/common than others; some may be private constructions or fonts prepared specifically for bundling with specific software applications and may not be available "out there".

To my eye, your example is a casual or informal semi-serif (as serifs do not appear in all the expected places). Thomas or one of the others may be able to comment further.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Prose Antique" is a knockoff of Post Antiqua, btw.

More importantly, it really doesn't look at all like the words "Green Paint" in that logo.

T

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2008 Oct 08, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks Neil and Thomas. Yeah i tried the "prose antique" and, as you say, didn't work. I'm pretty sure this was a custom thing. It's weird because they sent us some font files but they don't work, so that leads me to believe that it was an actual font.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Oct 08, 2008 Oct 08, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>they sent us some font files

Doesn't the name of those files give any clue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 09, 2008 Oct 09, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> Doesn't the name of those files give any clue

And even if it doesn't (early font file names with 8 characters are maddeningly obtuse) try opening the file with a text editor. Most of it will be visual garbage, but often you will see a font name in the first page or so of the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 09, 2008 Oct 09, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>It's weird because they sent us some font files but they don't work, so that leads me to believe that it was an actual font.

But quite possibly, as you say, a custom job, which may mean it was never commercially available. Somebody could have just knocked it together in Fontographer or the like.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 14, 2008 Oct 14, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
And, as intellectual property, there may be a prohibition in sharing the font. (Most legitimate type foundries restrict how their fonts may be legally installed.)

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines