• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

If I use a web font in my website can I use the same font for printed materials such as business car

New Here ,
Jan 30, 2014 Jan 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a graphic designer intending to design a portfolio website in Adobe Muse. I plan to use TypeKit web fonts to design my website. Upon completioin of the website I intend to design business cards and my resume to match the look of my website. I would like to use the same fonts as I used on the website. Is it possible to use web fonts for printing purposes? If not, what do people typically do in this situation. The last thing I want to do is use a font that "looks" like the ones used on my website.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 30, 2014 Jan 30, 2014

Hi redsoxfan15b,

(I think I may have replied to your Typekit Support ticket earlier today, but I will post the same information here to be certain.)

We have recently added a new feature to Typekit that allows you to sync fonts to your desktop and use them in print design. The announcement on our website has more information:

http://blog.typekit.com/2014/01/16/the-fonts-you-love-from-typekit-now-on-your-desktop/

Font sync is available on any Typekit Portfolio, Performance, or Business plan.  Here is

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 30, 2014 Jan 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi redsoxfan15b,

(I think I may have replied to your Typekit Support ticket earlier today, but I will post the same information here to be certain.)

We have recently added a new feature to Typekit that allows you to sync fonts to your desktop and use them in print design. The announcement on our website has more information:

http://blog.typekit.com/2014/01/16/the-fonts-you-love-from-typekit-now-on-your-desktop/

Font sync is available on any Typekit Portfolio, Performance, or Business plan.  Here is a list of all the font available for desktop use:

https://typekit.com/fonts?licenses=desktop

We are continuing to license more of the library for desktop use, but for now you should confirm that the font you would like to use it available for both web and desktop.  And if there is a font you'd like to use that isn't available for desktop sync, you may also be able to purchase a license directly from the foundry.

I hope that this helps; let me know if you have any other questions!  Best,

-- liz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines