• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign CC: How do you add a font to the library?

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Everyone and Anyone Who Can Help:

I'm using InDesign via Creative Cloud with Windows 10. I'm editing a preexisting document, which I've saved as a new document. When I open the newly saved document, it says the fonts are missing -- which is funny to me, since InD has no problem locating those fonts when I open the older (original) document.

The font family in question is Univers LT Std. I've downloaded the the entire family and added it to the font library on my PC, but InD doesn't recognize/find it. I copied the family into the Fonts folder of the Adobe InDesign 2021 folder in my Program Files. Still not found when I try to substitute the fonts in the document.

From what I gather in other posts here, this font is no longer supported by Adobe -- whatever. But as I have already downloaded the font family, where do I put it so that InD finds it?

Really hoping someone can help. I'm only semi-literate in the back-end workings of computers and where things are located, so I'm *really* hoping there's a simple fix to this.

MANY thanks in advance for any advice!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Check the folder for the older document. If there is a folder inside called "Document Fonts", then then Univers LT St will load when you open that document, then unload when you close it. Is that what is happening? If so, it will not be available in other documents, as it is not installed on your system.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines