Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installed fonts on my Windows PC are not carrying across and showing in PS6

New Here ,
Mar 05, 2015 Mar 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Guys,

I'm quite literally stuck. I have installed 4 different fonts from a car manufacturer that i need to use for work purposes.

These fonts appear in the drop down font list of all Microsoft Office applications - but for some reason when i go to try and use them in Photoshop 6 they dont appear.

I have cleared my font cache... nothing.

I've checked for any Adobe updates to be completed... still getting nothing.

Any direction would be appreciated.

Thanks Glen

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 05, 2015 Mar 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you referring to Photoshop 6 or Photoshop CS6 (actually Photoshop 13!)?

Assuming you really do mean Photoshop 6 and you are on Windows, you should be aware that Photoshop 6 was released in September 2000 and designed to work on Windows'98 and Windows 2000, 32-bit systems. Since Photoshop as well as other Adobe graphic arts applications do their own font enumeration and management in coordination with what is built into Windows. Modern versions of Windows (i.e., Windows 7 and 8.x) and especially 64-bit versions of same have changed dramatically from the OS versions for which Photoshop 6 was designed and incompatibilities such as you describe are to be expected.

And if you mean Photoshop 6 and MacOS, there isn't any Macintosh (and MacOS version) sold in at least the last half dozen years or so that can even execute Photoshop 6!

If you mean Photoshop 13 (=CS6), then the question would be what format are the fonts (TrueType, OpenType, Type 1) and how you installed them as well as whether the Adobe font list/cache files need to be regenerated. Those files are the files of the form AdobeFnt##.lst where ## is a two digit number. Exit Adobe applications and delete any and all such files on your system. Then try running Photoshop again and see whether the fonts are found.

Something else you should look at is whether the fonts are in your font list, but listed at the bottom of the list. Fonts that have unusual encodings and or international character sets are typically listed in their own alphabetical list after the Western Roman fonts at the top of the list.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines