• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Just purchased a font from Adobe, the font shows in every program except Photoshop CS4

May 27, 2010 May 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just purchased the Frutiger family of fonts from Adobe, and installed them via the Control Panel>Fonts>Install New Font.  This new font family shows up in every Windows program including Outlook and all the Office programs.  However, it doesn't shop up in Photoshop CS4 which is where I need it.  I saw similar questions with solutions that worked such as:  Copy the fonts from Windows>Fonts  to the Adobe>Fonts.  However, I don't have a Fonts folder under my Adobe folder.

Very frustrating since I purchased this font package from Adobe.

Any help would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The correct path should probably be C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Fonts

I hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for giving me the correct folder name.  I highlighted the new fonts, copied them, and pasted them in the Program Files>Common Files>Adobe>Fonts folder.  However, they are still not showing up in Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OpenType versions or the old Type 1 format?

Also, you will never access any new fonts unless you exit all the Adobe applications first.

Also, you may need to clean up one or more of the Adobe font cache files. With all Adobe applications exited, delete all files of form AdobeFnt##.lst  where ##  is a two digit number. Those files will be regenerated when you run the Adobe applications. All fonts should be found during such a "rebuild."

Another thing to look for is whether for some reason or another, the fonts are placed outside of normal alphabetic order in the Adobe applications. This sometimes happens if the font has a non-standard character set or name.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines