• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Last Week the Swiss 921 Font was there, now it's not!

Participant ,
Sep 07, 2021 Sep 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My documents in Photoshop use the Swiss 921 font... as of today, coming back to work from the Labor Day holiday, the Swiss 921 font is no longer available in Adobe Fonts! What happened?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...I should add, that Adobe Fonts shows it as Installed and Active.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FIXED:

1) Uninstalled all my fonts. Reinstalled. Did not help.

2) Repaired Creative Cloud Desktop App. Did not help.

3) Uninstalled Creative Cloud Desktopo App. Reinstalled Creative Cloud Desktop App... froze during installation.

4) Uninstalled Creative Cloud Desktopo App. Reinstalled Creative Cloud Desktop App... froze during installation again.

5) Used Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool. Reinstalled Creative Cloud Desktop App... froze during installation.

6) Uninstalled Creative Cloud Desktop App. Used Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool.... rebooted.

7) Reinstalled Creative Cloud Desktop App. Worked!

What a waste of time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I doubt you'd see Swiss 921 on Adobe Fonts, as it's not one they would carry.

What System are you on? Do you use a font manager?

When you say "Adobe Fonts shows it as Installed and Active", where are you seeing this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have several licensed fonts, including Swiss. I have uploaded them to the font manager that's part of Adobed Creative Cloud Desktop. In that program, they show as installed and active. However, Photoshop and the other Creative suite apps can use them until the computer is rebooted, at which time the Creative Suite apps can no longer find them. They are still listed as installed and active in the Creative Cloud Desktop app. The only way I can use them, is to delete them from the Creative Cloud App and upload them again. That works until the next reboot. This is still happening, so my problem is NOT solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah. I understand now.

It's not a function of CC that I've ever used (I personally keep my fonts stored locally except for the Adobe cloud-based ones for which I have no other choice), so I don't have any suggestions. Sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 14, 2021 Sep 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After the exact same thing happened with another computer. It was working fine 5 weeks ago when it was last used. It stopped working in the exact same manner after Adobe Creative Desktop App updated automatically. After speaking with Adobe, they've agreed it's a bug in their system. They are now working on fixing it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines