My documents in Photoshop use the Swiss 921 font... as of today, coming back to work from the Labor Day holiday, the Swiss 921 font is no longer available in Adobe Fonts! What happened?
...I should add, that Adobe Fonts shows it as Installed and Active.
1) Uninstalled all my fonts. Reinstalled. Did not help.
2) Repaired Creative Cloud Desktop App. Did not help.
3) Uninstalled Creative Cloud Desktopo App. Reinstalled Creative Cloud Desktop App... froze during installation.
4) Uninstalled Creative Cloud Desktopo App. Reinstalled Creative Cloud Desktop App... froze during installation again.
5) Used Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool. Reinstalled Creative Cloud Desktop App... froze during installation.
6) Uninstalled Creative Cloud Desktop App. Used Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool.... rebooted.
7) Reinstalled Creative Cloud Desktop App. Worked!
What a waste of time!
Copy link to clipboard
I doubt you'd see Swiss 921 on Adobe Fonts, as it's not one they would carry.
What System are you on? Do you use a font manager?
When you say "Adobe Fonts shows it as Installed and Active", where are you seeing this?
I have several licensed fonts, including Swiss. I have uploaded them to the font manager that's part of Adobed Creative Cloud Desktop. In that program, they show as installed and active. However, Photoshop and the other Creative suite apps can use them until the computer is rebooted, at which time the Creative Suite apps can no longer find them. They are still listed as installed and active in the Creative Cloud Desktop app. The only way I can use them, is to delete them from the Creative Cloud App and upload them again. That works until the next reboot. This is still happening, so my problem is NOT solved.
Ah. I understand now.
It's not a function of CC that I've ever used (I personally keep my fonts stored locally except for the Adobe cloud-based ones for which I have no other choice), so I don't have any suggestions. Sorry.
After the exact same thing happened with another computer. It was working fine 5 weeks ago when it was last used. It stopped working in the exact same manner after Adobe Creative Desktop App updated automatically. After speaking with Adobe, they've agreed it's a bug in their system. They are now working on fixing it.