Legal to use Lithos Pro in graphics?

New Here ,
Sep 10, 2010 Sep 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am creating graphics for an online game, including the background, buttons, animations etc, and I am wondering whether it is legal to use the Adobe font Lithos Pro for the labels for some of the buttons and other graphical elements-- the text would not be editable or selectable by the user, i.e. not part of the dynamic Flash text, but part of the rasterized jpg's included in the game's interface. I have read a similar conversation in these forums from someone wondering whether it was legal to use an Adobe font in a logo, concerning Clarendon, which recieved the answer:

"Fonts that you license from the Adobe Type Library directly from Adobe (not licensing  the same font through a third party), have absolutely no restrictions  against what you propose, creating filled polygons from the text."

Does this mean that my project is also alright, or do different rules apply to Lithos Pro?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 10, 2010 Sep 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Since you are rasterizing the text, not including the font themselves, there should be no issue.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines