Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

License question about font version - Antique Olive font

New Here ,
May 21, 2015 May 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

One of our business partners is using a font "Antique Olive Black" in his file.  He told me the font is from Adobe.  I can only find "Antique Olive Std Black" in Adobe font store.  I purchased it and install to our machine.  However, when I open the file, "Font is Missing" warning still appears.

After compare the fonts, it seems the 2 fonts is the same but different version.  "Antique Olive Black" seems to be the old version fonts.  As I have purchase the "Antique Olive Std Black" license, can I install and use the version fonts "Antique Olive Black" without license issue?

Untitled.jpg

Regards,

Stanley

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 22, 2015 May 22, 2015

Sounds like the document is using the old PostScript Type 1 format of the font, which can be found here Adobe - Fonts : Antique Olive® Black

To license this font you would have to purchase the whole family package Adobe - Fonts : Antique Olive 1 and decide if you need the Windows version or the Mac version.

The Std version you purchased is the new OpenType format of the font. Adobe - Fonts : Antique Olive® Std Black

My suggestion is for you to switch the font used by the document to the Std version

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 22, 2015 May 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like the document is using the old PostScript Type 1 format of the font, which can be found here Adobe - Fonts : Antique Olive® Black

To license this font you would have to purchase the whole family package Adobe - Fonts : Antique Olive 1 and decide if you need the Windows version or the Mac version.

The Std version you purchased is the new OpenType format of the font. Adobe - Fonts : Antique Olive® Std Black

My suggestion is for you to switch the font used by the document to the Std version. This may cause some text reflow, but it's by far the best long-term solution. The PostScript Type 1 font format is very old and has been deprecated by the latest major operating systems in favor of the OpenType format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 12, 2015 Jun 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much MiguelSousa.  The link that you provided for PostScript Type 1 format of the font did help me.  I have purchased 10 license.

Today, my user asks me to purchase more license because they need.  However, when I try to click the link again, it seems that I am re-directed to other page.  It said Adobe has a new font partner --- Fontspring.  Unfortunately, I cannot find this font in Fontspring.  Do you have any idea where I can find this old PostScript Type 1 font?  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 12, 2015 Jun 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Stanley,

Our store was the only place from where you could still purchase Type 1 licenses. The store was decommissioned this week, and our partners only carry the OpenType version of the fonts. I'm affraid to say that it's no longer possible to purchase licenses of our Type 1 fonts.

I'll take this opportunity to mention that Type 1 has long been considered a deprecated font format and that support is quickly fading from OSes and apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines