Line alignment issue in InDesign CS5

New Here ,
Jan 31, 2011 Jan 31, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

After many fruitless hours of Googling, I'm really, really hoping to find some help here with a small InDesign CS5 issue I'm having. I'll try and keep this brief.

I'm currently designing a book in InDesign CS5 that has chapters that run one after the other. Whereas in most books a new chapter will start on a new page, here they flow together. For each chapter heading, I'm using a font called Orial, size 18. For the main text, I'm using Adobe Garamond Pro, size 12. When I have two solid pages of 12 point Adobe Garamond Pro, all is well. The alignment of lines on both pages are level with one another. That's just what I want.

However, if I have a double page spread and one of the pages has an 18pt Orial title on it (within all the 12pt Adobe Garamond Pro), this throws things out of whack, as you can see in the image below:

hdkhfkdhfkhskf.jpg

As you can see, the lines on page 79 are not level with those on page 78. Is there any way around this?

Many, many thanks for any help you can offer. I'm rather tearing my hair out here!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 01, 2011 Feb 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You'd have better luck posting this in the InDesign forum. However, I'll tell you right off the bat: what you want is "Snap to Baseline Grid." If you check out the help files on the baseline grid, you'll see that you have a lot of options (some of which are in Edit -> Preferences -> Grids). Read the help files, or just try searching Google with the name of the feature, then try it out, and come to the InDesign forum if there are parts of this feature that don't make sense to you.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines