Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Looking for a freeware Font Suitcase viewer

Engaged ,
Apr 21, 2008 Apr 21, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, all:

I started a new job within the last three months, AND WE DON"T USE FONT MANAGEMENT! I know that sounds crazy, but I am not yet in the position to request we get a font management program for all our work stations.

Anywho, I am looking for a small freeware or shareware utility that to help me view the list of screen fonts that are inside a font suitcase. You know: like back in the days before Mac OSX and you could double-click on a suitcase to see what screen fonts were inside and you could move them out or in if so desired.

Anyone know of such a beast?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 21, 2008 Apr 21, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Russell,<br /><br />Try the free Linotype Font Explorer. For more info and the download, go to: http://www.linotype.com/fontexplorerX? It is a good font management product, and a number of Mac users who could easily go out and buy FontAgent Pro use it.<br /><br />As for not using font management in a design agency or corporate art department or similar environment, I'll try to be polite: Why not throw all job files together in one drawer? Same thing as not managing type.<br /><br />Now, what I really want to say is... <g><br /><br />Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 24, 2008 Apr 24, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neil:

Thanks. I posted my question also to my fellow Pitstop users and many there also suggested FontExplorerX. I downloaded it and briefly checked it out. Can't believe something with that many features is FREE.

Yeah, not using font management seems extremely dangerous to me. I was told they had tons of problems with fonts since moving up to OSX, so now when we work on a job we move the fonts to the Library > Fonts folder. Then, take them out and replace them with the next job. More like MANUAL font management.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 24, 2008 Apr 24, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Russell,

Glad to help. Please come back and let us know your experience with FontExplorerX.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines