Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mac OS 9, ATM 4.6 - special characters missing in PS output

Engaged ,
May 13, 2009 May 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I'm working on some legacy files in OS 9 and I'm having a strange problem...

On screen all looks fine, but when attempting to print to a PS printer or generating a PDF all upper ascii characters (accented etc.) just disappear leaving blank spaces.

The font is Gill Sans Type 1 and all applications are affected. Switching to a different version of Gill Sans has no effect, but switching to a different font cures the problem. In ATM the fonts check out fine and I've tried to ditch printing related preferences, but to no avail.

What could be the cause of this?  Does ATM hang on to cache files somewhere?

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Cheers  Martin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
May 13, 2009 May 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You left out a whole bunch of vital information.

What version of Mac OS 9?  Hopefully 9.2.2.

Most especially, what kind of files are they?  What application generated them (exact version)?  What is the file format?

Are you using ATM DeLuxe 4.6.2 or ATM Light?

What version of the Adobe PS Printing Library and of the AdobePS Extension?  Hopefully 8.7.2 for both.

Do you have access to fresh copies of the font?  Where did you buy those fonts?  Is it possible that the font you have installed lacks those glyphs and that you're looking at font substitution on screen?  Just asking.

Details are needed.

Please read this post by a forum host for advice on how to ask your questions correctly for quicker and better answers: 

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/375816?tstart=0

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 14, 2009 May 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Turns out the font was corrupt. When I finally managed to locate a backup, I installed a fresh copy and things are back to normal now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines