• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Martian

New Here ,
May 18, 2009 May 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to have a font called Martian, but it seems to have been lost after several machine changes. I can no longer remember if it was Postscript or truetype, but I doubt it was from Adobe. Anyone know of this font and how I could get hold of it again?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
May 18, 2009 May 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://www.brandsoftheworld.com/fonts/catalogue/M/martian-176.html

http://www.google.com/webhp#hl=en&q=martian+font&btnG=Google+Search&aq=f&oq=martian+font&fp=Li-R6mbKWrc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2009 May 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, not it.

Obviously Google was of course the first place to try, but although there's a few "Martian xxxxx" named fonts, there's nothing like the one I know. I'm quite surprised it has proved so elusive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 30, 2009 May 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you may mean this one from 1997. It was originally distributed free with the long-defunct e-magazine, Bright Ideas. Most of their fonts  included  ©Bright Ideas in the copyright section but some, like this one, merely had the Fontographer-generated default.

I've attached the font here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HerbVB wrote:

I've attached the font here.

Where?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ramón asked "Where?"

Who knows.

When I try, I get a couple of red-tagged messages saying that I'm not allowed to VIEW(!) the requested content.  Now, after having received messages saying that all my posts in this thread were rejected, I see that they're all there anyway.

If the OP comes back and asks, I'll post it to yousendit or rapidshare and just include a link in my msg.

- Herb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2009 Jun 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My problem is now solved as a friend still had it and sent it to me so I now have it again.

Thanks anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you're talking about a font originally distributed (free) with the now defunct Bright Ideas magazine. II was unable to locate a copy online, and tried to attach it here but was unable to post the message at all. I'll try to figure out what the problem is and attempt again later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, now that I got my plain message through, I'll try it again with the font attached.

NOTE: Most fonts from Bright Ideas included a copyright notice "©Bright Ideas". A good number only contained Fontographer's default version and copyright info. In any event, there are no known legal inheritors of the Bright Ideas' materials.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines